Found this on a Facebook Post.
The Strong Watchman
ISRAEL IS .... Jewish. Beautiful. Home. Special. Inspiring. Miraculous. Holy. Unique. Troubled. Truth. The Centre of the Earth. Loved by Ha'shem. Yes, it is All of these .... What Adjective do you use to describe Eretz Israel????
Whatever that is ..... ISRAEL IS!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a Trivia Girl, which in no small measure accounts for my exam success & probably my life success. So, for a change in Pace today .... Facts (I'll bet you didn't know!) about Eretz Israel. Our Land!
* The Population of Israel is approximately the same as that of New York City.
* Israel is roughly half the size of Lake Michigan.
* The Land Mass is about the same size as New Jersey
* The cell phone was developed in Israel at Motorola's largest location.
* Voicemail, was also invented in Israel.
* The first anti-virus was developed in 1979 in Israel.
* Pentium MMX technology was developed in Israel at Intel.
* Centrino and Pentium processors were also developed and made in Israel.
* Four young Israelis developed the technology for AOL Instant Messenger and ICQ.
* Over the past 50 years, Israel is the only country in the Middle East with a Christian population increase.
* Israel is the only country in the Middle East that allows Jews, Christians, and Muslims to vote.
* Israel is also the only country in the Middle East with the most independent and free Arabic press.
* Israel's economy is larger than all its immediate neighbours combined, averaging $100 billion.
* Albert Einstein was offered presidency of Israel in 1952 .... however, he declined the invitation.
* For all of you who lick stamps, the glue on stamps in Israel IS kosher.
* After the U.S. and Canada, Israel has the highest number of companies listed on the stock exchange.
* Israeli bank notes have Braille on them.
* One-third of Israelis are volunteers.
* Israel has the highest number of scientist and technicians per capita, 145 per 10,000.
* Israel has the larget fleets of military aircrafts other than the United States with more than 250 F16s.
* The two most common surnames in Israel are Levi and Cohen.
* Over the past seven years, agricultural out put has increased.
* Thanks to the drip water system Israel uses, there has been no increase in the amount of water used.
* Israel receives more media coverage per capita than any other country in the world.
* 'Palestinians' have been asked in polls since 1996, which governments they approved of the most. Israel came on top every time
* The Night club 'Haomon 17' is one of the top in the world and often has international DJ's spinning there all the time.
* Israel has the highest university degrees per capita on the planet.
* Israeli company SHL has developed a portable electrocardiograph machine that sends highly detailed information to physicians via cell phones.
* An innovate hearing aid has been deveoloped by Israeli company Audiodent. The hearing aid clips inside the mouth using the teeth and jawbone to transmit audio waves to the brain.
* A team of researchers have discovered the molecular make-up of psoriasis.
* The pharmaceutical company Pfizer has gained license from Israeli researchers who have found a gene that could cure blinding eye disease.
* Israeli researchers have found a way to replace antibiotics with amino acids and fatty acids.
* The Weizmann Institute has been able to prove how transplanted tissues from a pig embryo will one day be able to make blood clots in hemophilia patients.
* An Israeli computer programme has been clinically proven to give an accurate prognosis of how effective chemotherapy will be on a breast cancer patient.
* Professor Aumann is the fourth Israeli in four years to win a Nobel Peace Prize.
* The Weizmann Institute of Science has been voted the best University in the world for science research.
* Images from Mars were transmitted using an Israeli algorithm.
But, the most Important Fact is that ISRAEL IS & IS THE JEWISH STATE. DEAL WITH IT !!!!!!!!!